Wedding preparations calendar
Your wedding and reception is one of the most important endeavours you will take on in your whole life – and there is quite the number of things to take care about in the process, all necessary for your special days to be incredible. A wedding planning timeline is a very important thing to have – it will let you keep track of everything that you need to remember.
Wedding planning timeline
10-18 months before the wedding
- Choose the nature of the ceremony: concordat wedding, church wedding, civil marriage
- Know the amount of wedding guests
- Have a wedding budget
- Hire a wedding planner, if your plans call for it
- Develop the concepts and scenario of the ceremony and make decisions about the color palette
- Book a wedding venue suited to the style of the ceremony and the number of guests
- Book the time and date of the ceremony in the church or in the registry office – or both
- Pick you DJ and wedding band
- Select and book a wedding photographer and filming services
6 – 9 months before the wedding
- Make a division of duties and tasks – when, where, who and what he does
- Choose and purchase the wedding dress for the bride and a suit for the groom
- Start going to to premarital learning classes
- Book your honeymoon!
- Pick the wedding witnesses
- Set a list of wedding gifts
- Order wedding rings
- Book wedding transport for the Bride and Groom
- Book a make-up artist, hairdresser and florist
- Take care of your condition and health – this is not to be overlooked
3 – 5 months before the wedding
- Order wedding invitations and prepare their contents
- Purchase wedding accessories: veil, shoes, jewelry, underwear, etc
- Provide the necessary documents needed to get married
- Plan the Bachelorette Party and Bachelor Party complete with the attractions
- Sign an inter-personal notary if that is your call
- Pre-book accommodation for guests
- Prepare the wedding menu, type of cakes and drinks and choose a wedding cake and the sweets
- Plan the transport for guests
- Inform your employers about the wedding and apply for a holiday
- Make decisions on any additional attractions
- Pick up wedding rings
- Start a dancing course
1 – 2 months before the wedding
- Address invitations and invite guests to the wedding
- Choose decorations, wedding bouquets, flowers for the church, for the room, for the car
- Plan a music repertoire, or a setlist if you will
- Make an appointment for a trying on the wedding dress and the suit so any necessary adjustments can be made
- Purchase gifts for parents’ thanks
- Prepare the exact course of the wedding day
- Plan the seating of guests
- Arrange for children’s care at the wedding, if necessary
- Make an appointment for a trial hairstyle and make up
- Order the place cards on the tables, print the menu.
- Employ a wedding day coordinator if there is no wedding consultant
- Confirm all wedding reservations and services
- Participate in the first confession before the wedding (concordat or church wedding)
1- 2 weeks before the wedding
- Verify the list of wedding guests
- Establish a ceremony plan with the Priest or Official
- Organize a Bachelorette Party and Bachelor Party
- Prepare the necessary orientation maps for guests
- Collect all necessary wedding accessories in one place
The day before the wedding (this is a very important part when it comes to the calendar of pre-wedding preparations)!
- Prepare the relevant documents.
- Pick up the flowers from the florist.
- Pack the vanity case.
- Participate in the second confession before the wedding.
- Get plenty of sleep and relax
- Visit your hairdresser and stylist
- Greet the Guests and have fun!
After the wedding
- Send thanks to guests
- Organize an outdoor wedding photoshoot
- Provide information on the change of last name to the appropriate offices
- Pack for your honeymoon and live happily ever after!
The long, exhausting list of pre-wedding duties can be a bit of a headache, even with a solid wedding planning timeline. We hope however that it will help you navigate this. Remember not to let any imperfections ruin your day! I also invite you to cooperate with WINSA wedding planners in either wedding planning, wedding day coordination or just to prepare a bespoke wedding planning timeline.
Konsultant Ślubny Winsa